Sunday, April 25, 2010

Living Green

Note: If you’re not a greenie you may be totally bored by this post, but go ahead and read it. It’s like oatmeal. It’s good for you.

This weekend Austin Convention Center hosted the Green Living Expo. The expo had tons of information on green building, sustainable food, and healthy living. I met several vendors, a couple of which deserve mentioning.

Nada Moo is a lactose-intolerant body’s best friend. It’s a coconut milk based ice cream. Quite yummy! The Java Crunch has to be my favorite. Unfortunately, the product is not on the east coast, yet.

I also found my new favorite cleaning product is Karmalade Scrubbing Souffles. The creator, Cynthia Brevil, has developed a gentle scouring agent that is completely green and safe. Karmalades come in several fabulous scents. My three favorites are Lavender Sugar Cookie, Lemon Meringue and Almond Butter. I bought one jar and told Cynthia that I would try it out and if I totally loved it I would come back for more. I scrubbed my kitchen and bathroom down. It worked so well that I bought three more jars. Karmalades are on etsy and it really is a great product. Plus, the packaging is pretty and recyclable to boot! The link is www.karamalades.etsy.com.

They also offered free yoga sessions at the expo. I took advantage and the results were jello-y. My body was contorted into several Cirque de Soleil positions. I haven’t done yoga in years, and it was all self work, so I never pushed myself to the point that I should have. Sara, the instructor, was not aware that I was fluxing between heaven and hell. I think I now know what torture victims endured during Medieval times. However, the end result was a relaxed pool of me.

There may not be a green expo where I am going, but I look forward to finding the “green” in WV.

No comments:

Post a Comment